Friday, August 17, 2007

Justin Challenges Brandon

B-Mark, I see your basketball and I raise you football.

List your 22-man NFL All-Star roster. I'm not talking about what team would mesh best, now. I want to know who are your the top 11 players on offense and your top 11 on defense.

Don't just pick and grab from last year's Pro Bowl either. I want to see some real G.M.ing here.

I'm limiting you to a 4-3 on D, and a 2 back 1 tight-end offense.
Go to work.

BRANDON: Ohh you don't want it with me Amoah...

QB: Peyton Manning
HB: LaDainian Tomlinson
FB: Lorenzo Neal
WR: Steve Smith
WR: Andre Johnson
TE: Antonio Gates
LT: Walter Jones
LG: Steve Hutchinson
C: Jeff Saturday
RG: Larry Allen
RT: Marcus McNeill

DE: Julius Peppers
DT: Richard Seymour
DT: Jamal Williams
DE: Jason Taylor
OLB: Shawne Merriman
MLB: Brian Urlacher
OLB: DeMarcus Ware
CB: Champ Bailey
CB: Rashean Mathis
FS: Ed Reed
SS: Troy Polamalu

PR/KR: Devin Hester

Let me know who you have a problem with and I'll put you in your place.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

receivers are all wrong, whoa. And where is Sean Taylor? Maybe you havent heard of his strictly vegetable, chicken and fish diet this summer, OR his workout regimen which had him at the gym 3 times a day 5 days a week.

Justin said...

Brandon, you made the right decisions at the safety spots, but I question your corner selection of Mathis over McAlister or Clements. Justify this! Explain your choice for Johnson at WR while you're at it.

McNeil is a young stud at tackle, but if you're gonna have him on your list you gotta give your hometown hero Walter Jones the boot and put Ogden on.

Good selections at OLB, how far behind was Adalius Thomas?

Brandon said...

No way on Sean Taylor. Don't let your location/home team blur your vision my son.

If I were to think like that I'd have Shaun Alexander at RB instead of LT. HA!

Mathis over McAlister/Clements because he is the best cover corner behind Bailey. I don't need Clements size because I have to safeties who are physical. I want my corners to be right in the pocket of the WRs. With all the rules changes that are making it easier for WRs, I need the guys who are going to be shadows.

Walter Jones is the best. Hands down. So if Ogden makes the team it's instead of McNeil. But I don't think he does.

I didn't even think of him because I wanted my OLBs to be able to do everything. I love Thomas when he is running forward (vs. the run and attacking the QB) but he can't buzz to the flats or run with a TE like my guys can. For me, there is a drop off after the best defensive player in the league (Merriman) and then Ware was the player I wanted because of his versatility.

Justin said...

This quoted from the Boston Golbe:
"The 29-year-old Thomas comes to Foxborough with a reputation for versatility -- he played eight positions in his seven seasons in Baltimore."
Wow. You can't question his versatility. But Ware is also a multipurpose OLB -- it's a very hard decision to make.
And please...please hold off on Merriman's coronation ceremony until he completes a full season with being caught for taking drugs.

I accept your explanations for Mathis and Walter Jones. But If Jones is the Best, Ogden is second.

How much better do you think Williams or Seymour are than Tommy Harris?
And if Strahan weren't contemplating retirement would J.Taylor still be on the list?

Anonymous said...

If Adrian Wilson didn't play on the Cards, he'd be one everyone's All-Pro list.

Justin said...

I agreee. And Darren Sharper is right up there at Free Safety.

Anonymous said...

we will look at the stats at the end of the season, and THEN we will see about Sean Taylor