Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'm Anti-Pro SEC, Not A West Coast Bias

You guys think I have a West Coast Bias, I kind of do, but it's more of an Anti-Pro-SEC bias. I wake up and click on ESPN in my favorites bar and this is what I see...


Here is a link to the article if you want to read it (what I'm saying will make more sense after you do).

First off I'd like to say, I have never bashed the SEC. It is the best college football conference. Hands down.

Okay, now that's out the way...

Yo Les Miles... you need to chill out on bashin' USC. You don't have my respect yet because you are winning with Nick Saban's athletes. Are you mad because USC continues to out recruit you?

The ESPN article hints to it but I'll make the point they were alluding to...

JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE OUT WEST DON'T LIVE AND DIE ON COLLEGE FOOTBALL AND EVERYONE DOWN SOUTH DOES - DOESN'T AUTOMATICALLY MAKE THEIR TEAMS BETTER.

This year, when you play a South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi and Mississippi St., please don't get confused because they are schools with FOOTBALL HISTORY and they are schools where football is their number one program... The are still bad football teams that you should easily beat.

That's one thing about the SEC. There is only one basketball (KENT) school and one academic (VANDY) school. In the Pac-10 there are two basketball (UCLA and ARIZ) schools and two academic (STAN and CAL) schools. Cal and UCLA could hang in the SEC. Don't be fooled because they are better known for something else. Also, don't be fooled by SEC teams because football is their #1 sport and their fans live and die on the success their home team.

You also can't hold it against the Pac-10 for not having the 12 teams required to have a conference championship.

And Les, don't try to go at USC. They beat the team (Arkansas) that represented your division of the SEC in the SEC Championship by 36 points in their own stadium last year. They have been, and are a better team than yours, and you might think it's sad since you think the whole world revolves around SEC Football, but they will continue to be better than you.

I'd like to also tell the whole world this... just because USC makes their competition look like they aren't competition, doesn't mean they aren't competition, make sense? Good.

LSU has four tough (VTech, Florida, Arkansas, SEC Championship) games this year. USC has four tough (Nebraska, ND, Cal, UCLA) games this year. I'll even admit I rather play USC's four tough games, but regardless, both teams will be challenged.

I can't believe no one has called out Les Miles for already giving excuses on why his team won't make the National Championship this year. This was Miles' thought process when his team was ranked pre-season #2.

"Damn, that means people think we are going to make it to the national championship. Damn, that means I'm going to have to actually win this conference. Damn, what if we don't? How about this, let's focus everyone's attention of how hard we have it here in the SEC so people won't expect us to make it to the championship and people get off my back. That's a great idea, now people won't want to fire me if I can't do more than get 10 wins and fail to win the big games. Job security baby, job security! Great thinking Les"

So my Ivy league educated brain starts to think... Why won't this guy pick on someone else? Why not the Big Ten or the Big 12? Conferences who both have a losing record in bowl games over the last six years.

So I look this dude up on Wikipedia and I find my answers. He won't talk about Michigan (and the Big Ten) because that's where he went and he'd probably have to bring up that USC beat them by two touchdowns last year. He won't talk about the Big 12 only have two good teams in it because before he started coaching at LSU he was a coach of one non-Texas/Oklahoma teams Oklahoma State. It all makes sense now.

Okay, you can go back to the rest of your lives now. I just had to vent, shed some light on this SEC bias world and expose Les Miles for giving excuses.

P.S. BoDog has LSU an 8/1 to win the national championship and a 1/1 to win the SEC championship game.

For those of you who have an extra $$$, I'd double up and bet against LSU winning the SEC championship. Just think of it like this... Les Miles is handing you a 50% off card on you next shopping spree.

Thanks Les!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Les Miles most definitely reachin on those comments. LSU is nice, but USC just a lil better. If everthing work out we'll get to see em battle on the field. And actions speak louder than words. Les Miles sounding kinda like the 50 Cent of college football. Is LSU in need of that type of publicity?

Brandon said...

I'm thinking he is looking to take pressure of himself more than publicity. Their media is 3 days, I don't think they need any more.

On a non-sports related topic, Kayne West > 50 Cent

Anonymous said...

No team should ever win their conference 6 years in a row. I threw up a little in my mouth when I was reading this. USC has been the best program this decade but they wouldn't have won the SEC 6 years in a row.

SEC Football is the best conference. Any sport. Any level. ACC basketball is the only thing that comes close.

This year will tell us a lot about Les Miles though. I personally thing Florida will win the SEC again.